Monday, January 17, 2011

Catchy Slogan For Sweet

new Mom.

After I laboriously convinced myself to take one of these foreign girls, I started to remember some of the things I missed. "Yay! Finally I can again make me a shower during the day, I will have the time to apply a mask on your face, get your nails done, go to the beautician and gym, study Arabic, have a coffee with a friend: that luxury, I can not believe it! "
Yes because by now I was resigned to having to give up everything. Here, alone, in the Middle East, with a husband superimpegnato, I could not rely on just anyone. Condition that has forced me to sacrifice many things. However, mine was a sacrifice made with a love so great it almost made me forget who I was, what was part of me, my life and my personality and that, suddenly, he had gone into hibernation. However, when I faced the prospect of change, has awakened the dormant part. Slowly I was very clear the whole situation before my eyes. I remembered that I was even more and continue to be the same as always, but much, much richer. Of joy, love, tenderness, sweetness, physicality. And, above all, I had two brand new eyes that allowed me to see a lot of things that eluded me before. Motherhood had not really changed, but merely enhanced. I had become more feminine. The important thing is not to be overwhelmed. A period of physiological adaptation, later, however, try to regain their identity, metabolize that something has changed in our lives (something, not us), but we're still the same girls we were.
In my case, it was the prospect of being able to count on help drive home that, in addition to worry, I was reminded so many things they gave up and, perhaps, I might reconsider. I thought the women in Lebanon and the lives they lead. I never wanted to be like that, but probably in moderation, I could qualify, too, will that help be able to regain possession of some pieces of myself.
At this point, watch out! The risk of falling into the opposite trap is very strong. Certainly not for me, the Sicilian to the core: jealous, possessive, passionate and fiery. On the contrary, however, many other foreign mothers like me, have managed to fully immerse themselves in local costume. As a friend of mine that a few days ago, told me, a bit 'strange, but with a smile, his little girl and now that night when he wakes up, no longer looking for her, but her Filipino nanny . To put it mildly disturbing ...

But all this, why? The game is really worth the candle?

0 comments:

Post a Comment