Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cigarette Lighter Socket External Connector

Iraqis

One of the first things the my "fire" he said when we met, was that of the Christian religion. I do not believe him now. From what I was ignorant, I thought that the Middle East was entirely Muslim territory. I was wrong big. Even thought it was one of those lies in the boys they use when they want to impress. Not that I had nothing against Muslims, just seemed strange to me. To convince the show had to cross around his neck and to emphasize the fact that his name was purely Christian. Particular which I, stupidly, I had not paid attention.
some reason in my head, I think, in the collective imagination, this area is seen only as the land of Muhammad. Almost another world, light years away from ours and incomprehensible. In some ways it is, but, Lebanon in particular, there is closer As you can imagine.
First of all because, as I said, this is the land of Jesus In fact, throughout the Middle East is the biblical land. We think that Abraham was "Iraq"? This reflection is almost creepy ...
In Iraq, under Saddam Hussein, Christians were many and were protected by the dictatorship, even if subdued. It seems almost a blasphemy to the fact that now he must escape in many different ways to save from extermination.
The doorman of my building is a young Iraq, with his smiling wife and a child of nine months. Here in Lebanon, there are thousands of Iraqis. This country made up of people generous and hospitable, welcomes everyone. Countless refugees from different lands unfortunate, found here a roof and were able to continue living, if nothing else, calmly. Often, these guests, as is normal to happen, they are criticized, rightly or wrongly, for many reasons, from the local population. However, I never heard a negative word about these unfortunate descendants of Abraham. They are all honest workers with a high sense of ethics, respect for others and a devotion and worship for the family almost unbelievable. Sometimes I stop and think, indeed, their reality, it seems to me not only timeless, but their incorrutibilità leaves me stunned. That must have inner strength!
Today, in 2011, whole families, including women and children of all ages, although not to accept a forced conversion to Islam, rigid and strong in their Christian faith, are willing to accept martyrdom (yes, that's what it is) or to escape in any way, at any cost. To save themselves and save their faith. Their dignity.
Then as now, after thousands of years, has not changed nothing ...
Unbelievable? No, it is not. For us, perhaps, is incomprehensible. Because our history, our culture, our spirituality are completely different.
They, the descendants of great civilizations and great peoples, sons of Abraham, are an ancient people with a history and tradition virtually unknown to us. And, above all, their deep spirituality has ancient origins, consolidatesi through the millennia, even rafforzatesi not to drown in a sea of \u200b\u200bMuslims.
In reality, Christianity sinks its roots right here in the Middle East. So, its true spirituality is deeply rooted in the culture of these ancient peoples, who were originally most Christian, but suffered from the forced Islamization Muhammad, in sec. VII. Nevertheless, the Christian presence remained intact, although strongly decreased in number and, unfortunately, I fear will disappear entirely ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment