Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Console Table Arrangements

little help mothers in Lebanon.

I can not believe, my little angel has a fever again. But how is it that when the sun reappears in the sky, after full days of incessant rain, he begins to feel sick? It is not right, it's a conspiracy!
In these moments I try to convince that perhaps I should "libanesizzarmi 'a bit more. In the sense that, contrary to what one might imagine, we are really the Mammine traditional Italian. So the opposite of many Lebanese. Sensational discovery I made when I began to relate with other moms here in Lebanon. Of course, "Report" is a big word, since, at first, rather than with the other mothers, I relate with their Filipino maids.
In this country, a country of contradictions, is the purpose of making family life. Marrying young is almost mandatory. Otherwise, even before the age of 30, the unfortunate are compatible as poor spinsters. Also, You need to procreate. The role of women, however, often stop there. Subsequently, the witness is brought to the Philippines, which will continue the "work" of mother.
I know, is ugly and squalid said so, but believe me, surprisingly, is exactly what happens. Of course, there are many exceptions, fortunately, but the trend is this.
In almost every household has at least one foreign domestic workers (the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Ethiopia), which is responsible for managing everything. And when I say everything, I mean just everything: to present a shopping list to do a "madame", put the clothes washed and ironed and Bianchieri in drawers and cupboards, food preparation and clean the house. In many cases, the landlord did not even know where to get a towel to put in the bathroom or how to run the washing machine. Lucky them! I, centralized as they are, I always have siutazione under control and oversee everything that happens in my house! But, as I said, the work of these willing girls do not end there. He missed the most important tasks. In the afternoon, when children come home from kindergarten and schools, should do the mothers. Yes, I understand you correctly, do by mothers: wash them, feed them, to do their homework, play and entertain them, put them to bed, prepare the backpack for the next day, and even getting up at night to give milk or consular those children who wake up.
At this point, you ask: but what about these women, what do they do? How to spend their time? Ohh! There are lots of things to do for a woman who must live in Lebanon. Do not forget that here, we must always be at the top and this involves hard work!

And I found myself in this situation, you think, what I choose to do?
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment